MBA@Fudan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Point of Discussion

+39
Lin Zhi Cong
simon_xmy2012967597
Wang Jue 2012962107
MaggieW
Sunny Xia
YinyijiaGB
Barry Yang 2013970307
tracy_sy
Carey NI Wenle 2013968598
2013968768 Sophie Zhang
斯大林黛玉
Liu Yuxi
bessiezhao
2013960120_ChengGong
Lily Qiu 2013968615
David Dong
Heidi Zhu
atee222
Peter Zhao
Stone 2013968469
AliciaZ 2013968823
Boris Li
Brenda Zhao (2013960663)
HuiminTian-2013960534
elaine ding
2013960417_Leo Li
Justin Wang
Dr. Ali
Jeffrey Wang
zhouqing2013970333
daijun2013969504
Lin Haiping
2013960194_Frank_Ma
Isaac_li
Vickie_XU
RockyYang
liuyanchen
thomas_zhai(2013960613)
Admin
43 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

First Point of Discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: First Point of Discussion

Post by Stone 2013968469 Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:55 pm

I had a dream to be one famous scientist in my childhood, I love the nature and would like to explore the unknown world,even if I would have to take the huge risk. Soon afterward, I went to school, and had to deal with the no-ending examinations, had to follow the authoritative rules, and accept the spoon-feed,which teach in a way that does not allow to think for himself. Finally,I grew up without “soul”. I do what I don’t like to do. It is called adult. No passion, no creative. What happened?

TOP 10 company in China are typically national, monopoly company, who are focus on the traditional industry or finance,but few for high-tech or private company. Why?

People would like to buy the pirated video, rather than go to cinema because of low price. Low ROI will make the movie maker no motivation to innovate. What will they do latter?

Facing with the creative industry development, we must confront with the education system barrier for talent growth, the barrier of country level policy or regulation, which restrict the creative industry to growth and little creative fish to survive. Last but not least, is the culture. We usually don’t respect to others work, which will also damage their motivation to go ahead!!

Stone 2013968469

Back to top Go down

Post by Peter Zhao Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:34 pm

From my experience in manufacturing industry, I believe that the people’s mind is the main barrier in front of the transformation. Chinese industries had big development in the past 30 years, contributed by the low cost raw materials, rich labor recourses, huge market demand. They did learn from advanced companies, and enter the global market with similar products, but quite cheaper in price. A lot of companies had big success in term of profit, but did not create new products. Today, I can see the majority people still believe that this model can work. They invest a lot to produce the cheapest products in the world, but not so much in R&D. Now, the situation is quite different from the past. The resources, environment and global market can not support this model. The old model will not work anymore. All the people have to change the way of thinking. We must have long term view. We have to put more investment in innovation, education. The good thing is that China is one of biggest market in the world, which will drive the future development. We have seem new companies like Alibaba, Tencent. Increasingly, people realize that they must change. It will help the further transformation.

Zhao Feng 2013970462

Peter Zhao

Back to top Go down

First Point of Discussion  - Page 2 Empty Government Police and Education system

Post by atee222 Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:26 pm

Personally I think that there are two challenges facing such transformation :
One hand ,it`s government`s macro policy. Chinese government didn`t create a positive economic environment for the creative industries. Because of the conservative and incomplete creative industries police, it hinders the development of creative industries, such as “ Chinese movie Examine and Approve system” and “Publish System” etc. They didn`t help the creative industries to develop here , on the contrary they restrict them .
On the other hand, it`s lack of creative talent in China. Our Chinese education system kill kids` creative minds, all of students were taught to do the same things than rest of other kids in the class since they went to kindergarten school. The Chinese education evaluation system don`t allow any kids to try any different. It will label you as a bad students if you try some different from other kids. So the kids are afraid to try the new stuff ,  how can we develop creative talent if all of them are doing the same thing. It`s impossible. How can we find creative people to develop creative industries if we don`t have creative talent in China. No way we can do it .I think that the lack of creative talent will be the biggest challenges for develop creative industries.

Name: Huang Chunxiang

atee222

Back to top Go down

Post by Heidi Zhu Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:24 am

Wow, it's really an amazing "online community" in which we can see the colourful opinions. I'd like to share my point of view on this topic:
Firstly, China is an agricultural county and also a country with large population and weak economic foundation, so we have been chasing the other developed countries vigorously to get away poverty. In this climate, our priority is how can we make and maintain the good momentum of “rapid economic growth”. So we learn and adopt the mature technology instead of our inventions and innovations which would cost much time and spare much money.

Secondly, most of the institutions in China, including schools, factories and etc, don't "respect" people's thoughts, and we are kindly of "institutionalized". The most popular story is Chinese students are good at "answer" and questions and get "A", but they are too "nice" to ask questions.

However, we are more conscious of "creativity" and likely to "challenge" the old rules and even authorities. And Chinese people are intelligent enough to learn and master the skills and knowledge well, and we have the confidence to improve them by our wisdom. But it would be a long long journey...Anyway, we are ready for departure! Cool 

Heidi Zhu (朱旻莉) 2013960687

Last edited by Heidi Zhu on Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:24 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I accidentally pressed the “enter"key when I was writing the views. Sorry for the confusion.)

Heidi Zhu

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Wang Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:40 am

One of the barriers of creativity development in China is current Chinese people's too DEEP desire for wealth and fortune,

including me and, in my point of view, most of us.Very Happy 

GB, WANG Zhaobo, 2013970280

Justin Wang

Back to top Go down

Post by liuyanchen Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:07 am

RockyYang wrote:I think one of the biggest barriers for creative industries is weak  intellectual property protection(IPR). I know many of us think we get benefits from loose control of IPR. We use pirate software, watch illegal copies of movies and play cracked video games. Enjoy free  intellectual property seems very pleasure for ordinary users, but it is a extremely harmful for creative industries of our country.
Because we can get the pirate copies of most expensive and advanced software with little cost, small software company's cheap and medium software cannot be accepted and bought by users. Today, there is not any truly successful software company in China. Most of software companies in China are surviving on outsourcing or software service. Our movie industry's income is only from box office receipts, because Chinese movie companies almost impossible to sell DVDs for profit due to massive pirate DVDs and countless illegal download websites. In contrast, US film firms earn half of their revenue from authorized copies of movies and other products.
I think it is the time that Chinese judicial system and government should protest intellectual property seriously. If not, the creative industries would be very hard to develop in the country.

Rocky Yang 杨剑 2013960106
I agree with your opinion to some extent.
However, I think our country are making progress gradually on improving the issue. For example, many laws concerning about the intellectual property protection are modified during 2008 and 2010. Now more lawyers are hired by the company to protect the IPR. And CSC(Copyright Society of China) is formed to purify the domestic environment of intellectual property. I am confident that as the time goes by, the pirate copies issue will be less and less.

GB Liu Yanchen 2013960479

liuyanchen

Back to top Go down

Post by David Dong Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:22 am

First Point of Discussion  - Page 2 <a href=First Point of Discussion  - Page 2 Creati11

I would like to use Mindmap to explain the creativity barrier.

Firstly, the major 2 elements of creativity are human and enviroment, without appropriate human beings & enviroment, it's impossible to be creative.

Secondly, let breakdown respectively.
1. What's the essential elements for a creative human?  I believe there are two: talent and education.  Talent is inherent, hard to change, thus not in current discussion, while education is changeable.  However, China's current education system does not encourage creativity, because we were trained to follow the correct answer since we were young.  No correct, no sweet.  The reason behind, if you dig deeper, might be politic reasons: governers prefer citizens which can follow their ideas.  Nevertheless, I am sympathetical to Chinese government, too many nations (Min Zu) and religions in one country, any small conflict might cause a disaster eventually.  Before finding out a solution, the best way is to make citizens follow governers, thus, can be controlled.

2. Let's take a look at environment.  Environment is a broaden word.  I categorized them into 5 aspects: Politics, Economics, Society, Technology and Law.  The first 4 aspects is which so called "PEST", widely recognized in MBA and consulting.  Let's go through from the last one:
  1) Law: It's obvious that China lack of intellectual property protection.  The law is not perfect, even there is, seldom did we take it serious.  A simple question for all of you in this forum, can you confirm that you use non-pirate softwares?  There is law that mention this, but seldom obey it.  China need to perfect the law and make it execution.
  2) Technology: Creativity needs support in funding and research devices.  Nevertheless, we do not have enough fund support and research devices.  Even there is, some fund might lost in black box.  Communicating with oversea researchers, e.g. USA, why they willing to do research there?  Because they have enough fund and research devices!
  3) Society: Currently, our society is not in healthy.  Such social mood that be used to steal achievements from others is popularized.  We can see tremendous copied or simulated products all over China, from automobiles to cell phones, etc.  This might result from our education system, bloting out our creativity, considering others a correct answer.  Yet, we have to be aware of that simulated things will never exceed the origin!
  4) Economics: The another reason I believe can be attributed to that Chinese government focus too much on GDP.  The achievement in GDP may lead them to a higher level.  However, haste makes waste.  The more we chasing fast development speed, the more we cannot develop sustainably.  Hence, goveners ignore the technology development, because research is a long long long way, which might have no result during his career path.  This might be attributed to their shortsighted, but I think it belongs to KPI issue.
  5) Politics: The reason to put politics in the last is that politics is the most complicated element.  I only mention one point here, which is from above point 4), KPI issue.  Current goveners' KPI does not include the technology development and creativity education, only focus on economic index, such as GDP increase %, etc.  This led to the neglect of creativity and technology development, which I believe is the most important element in China's future development.

Anyway, I only mentioned several possible barriers above.  I do believe to save a country is not so easy, everything is linked.  Let's pray that this batch of Government can lead China back to normal path, realize sustainable development.

Dong, Yuanxin (GA transfer to GB for CBI course)

David Dong

Back to top Go down

Post by HuiminTian-2013960534 Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:29 am

I'm afraid that I don't agree that deep desire for wealth and fortune is one of the barriers of creativity development. Deep desire could be a big motivation for a person to be dedicated and devoted so that he or she could be persistent on the study and learning. It may turn out to be a big success or good innovation for human being.
In my opinion, some of Chinese are lack of clear objective that what they are passionate about and what they want to be. As the saying goes, where there is a will, there is a way. Nothing is impossible if you are determined and devoted to what you want to improve or achieve with persistence and perseverance. So does the creativity. As mentioned in our reference book, expertise is one of the components of creativity. You can never to be creative if you don’t know about the stuff deeply and thoroughly. It’s possible that deep desire for wealth and fortune drives you to work very hard and smart, which in turn help you to be very creative.

HuiminTian-2013960534

Back to top Go down

Post by David Dong Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:39 am

HuiminTian-2013960534 wrote:I'm afraid that I don't agree that deep desire for wealth and fortune is one of the barriers of creativity development.  Deep desire could be a big motivation for a person to be dedicated and devoted so that he or she could be persistent on the study and learning. It may turn out to be a big success or good innovation for human being.
In my opinion, some of Chinese are lack of clear objective that what they are passionate about and what they want to be. As the saying goes, where there is a will, there is a way. Nothing is impossible if you are determined and devoted to what you want to improve or achieve with persistence and perseverance. So does the creativity. As mentioned in our reference book, expertise is one of the components of creativity. You can never to be creative if you don’t know about the stuff deeply and thoroughly.  It’s possible that deep desire for wealth and fortune drives you to work very hard and smart, which in turn help you to be very creative.

Points taken partly.
I believe it should be a degree of desire. Too much desire will blind your heart, but appropriate desire will be a stimulation

David Dong

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Ali Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:54 am

What a fascinating, lucid analysis!

Moreover, the last sentence is bright enough to make me blind.

David Dong wrote:

Firstly, the major 2 elements of creativity are human and enviroment, without appropriate human beings & enviroment, it's impossible to be creative.

1. What's the essential elements for a creative human?  I believe there are two: talent and education.  Talent is inherent, hard to change, thus not in current discussion, while education is changeable.  However, China's current education system does not encourage creativity, because we were trained to follow the correct answer since we were young.  No correct, no sweet.  The reason behind, if you dig deeper, might be politic reasons: governers prefer citizens which can follow their ideas.  Nevertheless, I am sympathetical to Chinese government, too many nations (Min Zu) and religions in one country, any small conflict might cause a disaster eventually.  Before finding out a solution, the best way is to make citizens follow governers, thus, can be controlled.

2. Let's take a look at environment.  Environment is a broaden word.  I categorized them into 5 aspects: Politics, Economics, Society, Technology and Law.  The first 4 aspects is which so called "PEST", widely recognized in MBA and consulting.  Let's go through from the last one:
  1) Law: It's obvious that China lack of intellectual property protection.  The law is not perfect, even there is, seldom did we take it serious.  A simple question for all of you in this forum, can you confirm that you use non-pirate softwares?  There is law that mention this, but seldom obey it.  China need to perfect the law and make it execution.
  2) Technology: Creativity needs support in funding and research devices.  Nevertheless, we do not have enough fund support and research devices.  Even there is, some fund might lost in black box.  Communicating with oversea researchers, e.g. USA, why they willing to do research there?  Because they have enough fund and research devices!
  3) Society: Currently, our society is not in healthy.  Such social mood that be used to steal achievements from others is popularized.  We can see tremendous copied or simulated products all over China, from automobiles to cell phones, etc.  This might result from our education system, bloting out our creativity, considering others a correct answer.  Yet, we have to be aware of that simulated things will never exceed the origin!
  4) Economics: The another reason I believe can be attributed to that Chinese government focus too much on GDP.  The achievement in GDP may lead them to a higher level.  However, haste makes waste.  The more we chasing fast development speed, the more we cannot develop sustainably.  Hence, goveners ignore the technology development, because research is a long long long way, which might have no result during his career path.  This might be attributed to their shortsighted, but I think it belongs to KPI issue.
  5) Politics: The reason to put politics in the last is that politics is the most complicated element.  I only mention one point here, which is from above point 4), KPI issue.  Current goveners' KPI does not include the technology development and creativity education, only focus on economic index, such as GDP increase %, etc.  This led to the neglect of creativity and technology development, which I believe is the most important element in China's future development.

Anyway, I only mentioned several possible barriers above.  I do believe to save a country is not so easy, everything is linked.  Let's pray that this batch of Government can lead China back to normal path, realize sustainable development.

Dr. Ali
Dr. Ali

Back to top Go down

Post by David Dong Fri Sep 06, 2013 8:56 am

Thanks, but the second sentence sounds like making a crack on me @.@

However, I have to say I am serious...What can you do in this situation? I guess only pray, right?

Dr. Ali wrote:What a fascinating, lucid analysis!

Moreover, the last sentence is bright enough to make me blind.

David Dong wrote:

David Dong

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Ali Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:07 am

Virtually, most of us will pray with you.

There's always an invisible hand of God. Cross the bridge when we come to it.Cool 
Dr. Ali
Dr. Ali

Back to top Go down

Post by Lin Haiping Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:33 am

Thanks for a clear-thinking mindmap from David Dong. But I find it's a little bit hard for me to agree with you. This is an open-mind discussion, like a brainstorm, I suggest that we could share some more cases and feelings with each other, rather than rush to give conclusive comments.

As all view-points mentioned,we are focusing on problems in Chinese market and tending to think that most of chanllenges come from the poor environment(politicis and law、society、education and so on).

After considering somewhile, I would like to start a discussion about such a case for your reference.
Why is Xiaomi famously regarded as China's Apple?
Meantime,Huawei and Zte ,the biggest two manufactures in Chinese mobile-phone market,why their products can not be reminiscent to the creative industry?(btw,Xiaomi can be row in the biggest five.)
Xiaomi's slogan is Just for the fans! When other Chinese companies keen to imitate others, Xiaomi put forward such a slogan. The slogan, in my opinion,is more like a question.What do fans want?
Wordings from Robert Dennard,is that create itself was a process of posing important questions and finding answers. Xiaomi has persevered in innovate its mobile phone's hardware and software.Both its machine performance and customer experience won the praises.
Look back to its rivals? To ask questions is the first step in creating, a lot of people and many companies are not even willing to take the first step to go.
Facing such a huge transformation in near future, the positioning of each industry(or company) itself is the most important,whether to become a creator beyond a producer or not?

In China we could also find a lot of similar cases.We may find that the environment is not the biggest barrier, chanllenges still come from our own hearts.
Are you willing to share some cases,discuss them and ask questions widely?
May we help ourselves to find out the answers or some hints about the barriers and challenges.

GB,Lin Haiping,2013970151

Lin Haiping

Back to top Go down

First Point of Discussion  - Page 2 Empty one digression

Post by Lin Haiping Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:54 am

it is difficult for us to change the environment. further discussion may continue to be a frustrating one finally.
but we can improve ourselves, sharing and growing together in HKU-FUDAN.
so May force be with you.See you this weekend.

Lin Haiping wrote:Thanks for a clear-thinking mindmap from David Dong. But I find it's a little bit hard for me to agree with you. This is an open-mind discussion, like a brainstorm, I suggest that we could share some more cases and feelings with each other, rather than rush to give conclusive comments.

As all view-points mentioned,we are focusing on problems in Chinese market and tending to think that most of chanllenges come from the poor environment(politicis and law、society、education and so on).

After considering somewhile, I would like to start a discussion about such a case for your reference.
Meantime,Huawei and Zte ,the biggest two manufactures in Chinese mobile-phone market,why their products can not be reminiscent to the creative industry?(btw,Xiaomi can be row in the biggest five.)
Xiaomi's slogan is Just for the fans! When other Chinese companies keen to imitate others, Xiaomi put forward such a slogan. The slogan, in my opinion,is more like a question.What do fans want?
Wordings from Robert Dennard,is that create itself was a process of posing important questions and finding answers. Xiaomi has persevered in innovate its mobile phone's hardware and software.Both its machine performance and customer experience won the praises.
Look back to its rivals? To ask questions is the first step in creating, a lot of people and many companies are not even willing to take the first step to go.
Facing such a huge transformation in near future, the positioning of each industry(or company) itself is the most important,whether to become a creator beyond a producer or not?

In China we could also find a lot of similar cases.We may find that the environment is not the biggest barrier, chanllenges still come from our own hearts.
May we help ourselves to find out the answers or some hints about the barriers and challenges.

Lin Haiping

Back to top Go down

Post by David Dong Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:23 pm

I am sorry that I am not familiar with xiaomi. Would you mind introduce to me what kind of creativity does Xiaomi had?
thanks

Lin Haiping wrote:Thanks for a clear-thinking mindmap from David Dong. But I find it's a little bit hard for me to agree with you. This is an open-mind discussion, like a brainstorm, I suggest that we could share some more cases and feelings with each other, rather than rush to give conclusive comments.

David Dong

Back to top Go down

Post by David Dong Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:24 pm

Starwar fans?
I like the last sentence, except it should be "May THE force be with you" Razz 

Lin Haiping wrote:it is difficult for us to change the environment. further discussion may continue to be a frustrating one finally.
but we can improve ourselves, sharing and growing together in HKU-FUDAN.
so May force be with you.See you this weekend.

David Dong

Back to top Go down

First Point of Discussion  - Page 2 Empty how creativity fit in a sustainable growth model

Post by Lily Qiu 2013968615 Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:43 pm

Build                      Create
Creativity + Resources ————→ Core Competency ————→ Value
     ←————————————————————————----------
                                Invest

I’d like to use sustainable development model to explain the creativity barriers:
A company must build its core competency by using its creativity & resources in order to develop sustainably. Core competency fulfills 2 key criteria: 1) It is not easy for competitors to imitate. 2) It must contribute to the end consumer’s benefits and the value of products or service. The core competency brings value to company and makes the company willing to spend money in creativity. So it forms a virtuous circle for company to develop sustainably.

So based on my model, a company or even a country like China may face at least 2 challenges:
1. No one can build their own core competency without considering the environment. A good environment has at least 2 qualities:
(1) It should be a fair game. Laws should be improved effectively to protect intellectual property with harsh punishment, and people should be well educated to respect others’ work and encouraged to innovate.
(2) No resources monopoly. On one hand, resource monopoly makes the monopoly enterprises like Petro China can survive and develop easily without motivation to innovate. On the other hand, they made other companies hard to survive not to mention innovation.
2. Innovation is definitely a good thing, but it should focus on core competency.
Innovation not for the benefits of end consumers, but for themselves is actually risky. Financial crisis in 2008 is a typical example which caused by the greedy bankers who innovated excessively but supervises disadvantageously. China should also learn from that.

Lily Qiu 2013968615

Back to top Go down

Post by 2013960120_ChengGong Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:04 am

RockyYang wrote:I think one of the biggest barriers for creative industries is weak  intellectual property protection(IPR). I know many of us think we get benefits from loose control of IPR. We use pirate software, watch illegal copies of movies and play cracked video games. Enjoy free  intellectual property seems very pleasure for ordinary users, but it is a extremely harmful for creative industries of our country.
Because we can get the pirate copies of most expensive and advanced software with little cost, small software company's cheap and medium software cannot be accepted and bought by users. Today, there is not any truly successful software company in China. Most of software companies in China are surviving on outsourcing or software service. Our movie industry's income is only from box office receipts, because Chinese movie companies almost impossible to sell DVDs for profit due to massive pirate DVDs and countless illegal download websites. In contrast, US film firms earn half of their revenue from authorized copies of movies and other products.
I think it is the time that Chinese judicial system and government should protest intellectual property seriously. If not, the creative industries would be very hard to develop in the country.

Rocky Yang 杨剑 2013960106
Thanks Rocky for sharing the notion of IPR.
2013960120_ChengGong
2013960120_ChengGong

Back to top Go down

Post by 2013960120_ChengGong Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:18 am

David Dong wrote:First Point of Discussion  - Page 2 <a href=First Point of Discussion  - Page 2 Creati11

In terms of Human beings, I think its not pretty fair to blame much on education. Although internal education system somewhat curb our creative thinking, we are able to change our mindset when matured as long as you want.

Last edited by 2013960120_Donny on Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:25 am; edited 1 time in total
2013960120_ChengGong
2013960120_ChengGong

Back to top Go down

Post by 2013960120_ChengGong Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:23 am

HuiminTian-2013960534 wrote:I'm afraid that I don't agree that deep desire for wealth and fortune is one of the barriers of creativity development.  Deep desire could be a big motivation for a person to be dedicated and devoted so that he or she could be persistent on the study and learning. It may turn out to be a big success or good innovation for human being.
In my opinion, some of Chinese are lack of clear objective that what they are passionate about and what they want to be. As the saying goes, where there is a will, there is a way. Nothing is impossible if you are determined and devoted to what you want to improve or achieve with persistence and perseverance. So does the creativity. As mentioned in our reference book, expertise is one of the components of creativity. You can never to be creative if you don’t know about the stuff deeply and thoroughly.  It’s possible that deep desire for wealth and fortune drives you to work very hard and smart, which in turn help you to be very creative.

Yes, Its critical for a person to find what he or she really wants inside. For instant, money or the feeling of making money.So if you have a clear goal in your life, you definitely have tried sth new regardless of the education you had or other objective factors.
2013960120_ChengGong
2013960120_ChengGong

Back to top Go down

Post by 2013960120_ChengGong Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:41 am

Based on my industry, business supplies and equipment, I think the creativity really happens where the cutting-edge trend pops up. Take my company as an example. In terms of traditional business supplies, most people will come up with the Lever Arch File, Stapler and Punch. However, recent years have seen more and more people in offices using mobile devices such as iPhone and iPad. Under the circumstance that we don't change our business structure, we successfully launch new accessory products for iPhone and iPad. So the smooth combination between your business model and latest trend will account more for the success of a company.
2013960120_ChengGong
2013960120_ChengGong

Back to top Go down

Post by bessiezhao Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:48 pm

If future China economic development needs to depend on its ability to develop the creative industries, for such transformation, I think China will face many barriers and challenges such as IPR protection, education, even people’s ability to stand with loneliness etc as discussed by many classmates above, but I think the biggest barrier and challenge China will face is the less freedom and openness environment.

In the article of “human creativity”, it mentioned several tips to power up creative levels; though the tips are more for company managers, I think they can also provide some insight regarding how to enhance the whole creative industry in China. One of the tips mentioned is also about freedom-giving freedom, which I think is key factor to develop creative industries. But how is the fact in China today?

Guess almost all of us use the social media Weibo today, and many of us may meet such situation when we try to express ourselves, we need to avoid many “sensitive words”, otherwise we will fail to public the Weibo message. And some opinion leaders or “big V” even have been punished for telling the truth. Also, it is forbidden to use facebook or twitter in China. And many excellent films shoot by domestic directors can only be pubnished at oversea film festivals as they can’t pass Chinese film Censorship

It is not hard to imagine how far the creative industry can go in China under such situation, not to mention to have creative industries to support economic development of China. Without a free and open environment, it is impossible for creative industries to grow.

GB Zhao Jianrong 2013970474

bessiezhao

Back to top Go down

Post by bessiezhao Sat Sep 07, 2013 2:54 pm

David Dong wrote:First Point of Discussion  - Page 2 <a href=First Point of Discussion  - Page 2 Creati11

Amazing points! I can feel how you feel about the country:)

bessiezhao

Back to top Go down

Post by Justin Wang Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:18 pm

They are the innovators who create the history.

I agree with most of the viewpoints discussed above including the problem of IPR, education, pressure of survival and so on. But, besides, I think another barrier of creativity in China is the Traditional Culture.

Chinese would more likely to be golden mean or middle in the crowds. We do not respect the "hero" or someone different so much compared with the westerners. Chinese people are taught that you should listen to your parents, teachers and leaders from childhood. China has over five-thousand-year history, in most of which, always, there are powerful and authoritative governors. So Chinese seem to be compliant and moderate. This is traditional Chinese culture and people respect it. I also respect it because I am one of them. But the problem is that---great innovators always have distinct characters and be "different" from others. They are not willing to accept the "arrangement" and "rules" of society, just like Bill Gates who quited his study from Harvard and started another life. So what can we do? We have to CHANGE to some extent. IT IS NOT WRITTEN. We shall encourage kids to challenge and ask why in our education. We shall applaud to those who have opinions of their own even they are "ridiculous" and "stupid". More important, every one of us shall learn to do and think different in our own individual life.

GB, WANG Zhaobo, 2013970280

Justin Wang

Back to top Go down

Post by David Dong Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:56 pm

2013960120_Donny wrote:

In terms of Human beings, I think its not pretty fair to blame much on education. Although internal education system somewhat curb our creative thinking, we are able to change our mindset when matured as long as you want.
it's possilbe to change, but not so easy "as long as you want"...
The reason that why we are not so creative can be attributed to education, but I didn't say only because of education.

David Dong

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next