MBA@Fudan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Point of Discussion

+39
Lin Zhi Cong
simon_xmy2012967597
Wang Jue 2012962107
MaggieW
Sunny Xia
YinyijiaGB
Barry Yang 2013970307
tracy_sy
Carey NI Wenle 2013968598
2013968768 Sophie Zhang
斯大林黛玉
Liu Yuxi
bessiezhao
2013960120_ChengGong
Lily Qiu 2013968615
David Dong
Heidi Zhu
atee222
Peter Zhao
Stone 2013968469
AliciaZ 2013968823
Boris Li
Brenda Zhao (2013960663)
HuiminTian-2013960534
elaine ding
2013960417_Leo Li
Justin Wang
Dr. Ali
Jeffrey Wang
zhouqing2013970333
daijun2013969504
Lin Haiping
2013960194_Frank_Ma
Isaac_li
Vickie_XU
RockyYang
liuyanchen
thomas_zhai(2013960613)
Admin
43 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

First Point of Discussion  - Page 4 Empty Re: First Point of Discussion

Post by Allen Li Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:36 pm

I also hope the China (Shanghai) Pilot Free Trade Zone can pave the way for continuous policy reform.
I feel China gorvenment policy is impacting the creativity. Many policies actually set the limit for business innovation, and the processes to apply for new things are dissapointing in many cases.

Li Xing GB 2013960039

Allen Li

Back to top Go down

Post by Xumeiying(2013968718) Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:39 pm

Education of our and next generation might be one of the biggest barrier on the way of innovation. The education industry in China is simply to teach children to learn what the government want them to learn and do what the government want them to do. When our children come up with some fresh new ideas, they are usually told that they are wrong, the right answer is balabala... Once our answer or reaction are not the same as what wrote in the textbook, the teachers will point it out and correct us. That is the reason why we see and react at things in the same pattern and we are losing our own minds gradually... Too many real and inspirational information has been blocked on purpose.

Xumeiying(2013968718)

Back to top Go down

Post by Xumeiying(2013968718) Wed Oct 09, 2013 4:48 pm

Another barrier is big Tolerance of copycat...If we just steal business ideas from other countries and execute it in China and even we get big success, it is still not our own ideas.

Xumeiying(2013968718)

Back to top Go down

Post by Xumeiying(2013968718) Wed Oct 09, 2013 5:11 pm

Additional remarks: limited and low profit you can get from innovation in China. Once you come up with a good business idea, it will be copied so fast that you cannot stop it... Then the severe competitions started by those copycats will shrink your profit heavily.

Xumeiying(2013968718)

Back to top Go down

Post by yifengx Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:38 pm

Above discussions of my classmates are really good and creative.

I have been thinking for a long time and trying to find out the root of barries when China is developing it's creative industries. A lot of classmates talked about calture, I'd like to share my point from historical point of view.

As we leard from first calss of Dr. Farhoomand, Creativity is to connect unconnected things. But with thousands of years of continuous history, China is one of the world's oldest civilizations, and most of time, China was ruled by big empire, all the things are connected , even new things should be connected by fixed way. China was like a "black hole", assimilated the new cultures and new things from outside, even though China was occasionally dominated by nomadic people.

Our history and experience is our biggest barrier, when we know too much who we are, it's very hard to think about who we want to be.

But good new is barriers provide us not only challenges but also chances. We have to put down the Ethnocentrism, open our mind and embrace the world and the future.

Xiong Yifeng[2013969059 ]

yifengx

Back to top Go down

Post by Liu Yuxi Sat Oct 12, 2013 5:46 pm

yifengx wrote:Above discussions of my classmates are really good and creative.

I have been thinking for a long time and trying to find out the root of barries when China is developing it's creative industries. A lot of classmates talked about calture,  I'd like to share my point from historical point of view.

As we leard from first calss of Dr. Farhoomand, Creativity is to connect unconnected things. But with thousands of years of continuous history, China is one of the world's oldest civilizations, and most of time, China was ruled by big empire, all the things are connected , even new things should be connected by fixed way. China was like a "black hole", assimilated the new cultures and new things from outside, even though China was occasionally dominated by nomadic people.

Our history and experience is our biggest barrier, when we know too much who we are, it's very hard to think about who we want to be.

But good new is barriers provide us not only challenges but also chances.  We have to put down the Ethnocentrism, open our mind and embrace the world and the future.

Xiong Yifeng[2013969059 ]
The barrier possibly stop the creative ability for most people, but when there is barrier, things sometimes turn to the other extreme, some genius will stimulate with some brilliant idea, which may not happen in a free zone.

Liu Yuxi

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:42 pm

I think that even in the majority of the history of China, the people were ruled by autocratic kings, and there were certain fixed principals on lots of things, the history of China is not a big barrier to innovation. Our ancestors prove to be very creative, with the success of the four great inventions, and the splendid history of China is filled with innovation. And showed by the lesson of history, China lost its leading position (almost in every field) in the world after the ban on maritime trade or intercourse with foreign countries in Ming Dynasty. So I think the most important thing to encourage innovation is being able to communication freely.
Surely the culture in China is not helpful for innovation, compared to those in western countries. In my opinion, the situation now is that China is used to being the “manufacturer”. Since most major technical breakthrough and innovation were accomplished by countries like U.S.A, China was satisfied to be the “tech-follower” and make profits with its advantage of low cost labor. But recently, western countries have moved their manufacture base to countries like Vietnam, the advantage that China used to enjoy is no longer obvious. In order to make money, corporations in China will be forced to look for other profitable opportunities, like making profit by innovations. The strong motivation, with proper guidance and encourage from government, will make innovation a major topic in China in the near future.

Yuelang Qiu

Cassius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4