MBA@Fudan
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

First Point of Discussion

+48
Jasmine Yu
Lin Li 2013 GA
WANG Yingying
2013GA Yao Ya fang
vivianwang
gordon.guo
Vivian Yu
Liu Xin
David Dong
Rick_Feng
Chris_Ge#2013960364
Tony项童
colourfulcloud
XIN TAI
Celia MEI
Dr. Ali
anne_songwei
Xiuqiang ZHANG
Sean Chen
2013960417_Leo Li
Karen Han2013960144
Qingshan
Sa
lucyzheng
Jiehui Diao
Kenny.han 201325708154
youthia
Alexis YANG(2013960273)
bao_vincent (2013960302)
xiaoxia
Yvonne Biyun Yang
wanglei
Wang Quan(2013960560)
Sarah Xiao
Ryan_Du
ShiJun_2013960510
Vera Zhu
qianleon
Wang Cheng_GA_2013960546
Meiling
Feng Chaoyu
YuanStan
viewland
Cynthialjz
2013GA WU WEI
Admin
52 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

First Point of Discussion  - Page 2 Empty Re: First Point of Discussion

Post by Kenny.han 201325708154 Wed Sep 04, 2013 5:40 pm

We have mentioned for lots about barries for different angles already (culture learning history etc.) but I do think that China history are all full of creative thinking and activities such as The four great inventions tousand years ago.

Nowadays, in each industry, I think we already awared we need to be more creative especially in some fully competitive market and industry(such as mobile internet etc. and such kind of industry become more and more with the internet grows and world becoming more flat than before) lots of big companies have phrased out for lack of new interesting product in past several months.
The barrie for company to being more creative I think is
1 Companies lack of such creative mangement skills
2 High school and colleage education discouraging people's creative/diversity of thinking and issue solving skills
3 Too much limitation in each industry and companies and withholding resource

Kenny.han 201325708154

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiehui Diao Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:01 pm

Creative industry is the future and only path of the economic development of China.

I’m now in Nanjing for a business trip and just back from Fuzi Miao (Tempo of Confusion), the most famous tourism street of Nanjing. But all of my colleagues are disappointed. None of the shops is attractive as each of the tourism shop is selling the same products. The souvenirs you can get from Nanjing’s souvenir shops, the brand shop you can see on the street, everything is the same no matter whether you are hanging in the major tourism streets of Hangzhou, Suzhou or of other cities.

I’m really worried about the profitability of these shops.  

It is quite nature that we compare the Chinese shops with the shops in western countries, each of which is selling unique and interesting goods. We would be happy to visit these kinds of streets and buy some interesting things because they are “creative”, even they are more expensive. But it seems impossible in China, cuz everyone is simply “COPY” and willing to earn the simple and small money. If you create something, the very tomorrow, you’ll find everyone is coping that. This is a “dead-circle” and the future economy would be hopeless if this situation remains.

The barriers are:
First, we do not have laws to protect and encourage creative. And, even we have some regulations, I would say people hardly enforce the law. People do not show respect to the IP protection. Creative industry is heavily destroyed by copy.
Secondly, I would say the traditional Chinese education didn’t provide an atmosphere to cultivate the ability of creativity. Of course the situation, very much possibly, may has been changed, but as a member of the generation after 80s, what I can remember be taught in the school, is almost all to follow/guess the concept, mindset and methodology of our teachers. We are taught to think in the “right” way, same as the answer book, but not our own way, which is the creative way.

Respectively the Challenges are:
We should have a powerful government function to protect creative and punish copy. Therefore the government and IP institutions should study to make a clear definition of original and copy. It is quite a difficult work.
More-over, the spirit of creative should be cultivated and penetrated throughout the education system. The healthy social environment is even more important. Only when everyone realized this issue, obey the regulation would China have such ability to develop a real creative industry.

Each of the challenges would take time to conquer, but the good thing is we’ve realized the problem and on our way to solve the problems.

Jiehui Diao 2013960132

Jiehui Diao

Back to top Go down

Post by Jiehui Diao Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:41 pm

I totally agree with Sam regarding the government support. Let's take Nordic countries as a sample. Nordic countries are well known for their creativity, at the same time they hold the great reputation of innovation. Of course it is true that their education systems are different with ours. But, on the other hand, the Nordic governments put a lot of effort on encouraging innovation. The R&D spend per capita in Nordic countries is as high as 3% of GDP and half of the expense is paid by government.

In most of the cases, creative equals to risk. It is difficult to encourage people to take risk unless the government manages to share the burden with companies. The Nordic governments understand the importance of creative and willing to share the risk. Because they know the economy of each country depends on innovation and creativity.

2013960558 wrote:To talk about creativity, I believe Chinese people have the ability of creation or make new items, four great inventions would prove this. however, current China it seems not so many new things are created, people are fully engaged to chase short term interest, seek for physical pleasure, less and less people are focusing on creative activities.
To change this situation and develop creativity industries which would boost the future economics, i think the following three barriers or challenges would be overtaken.
Firstly, government would increase support commercially and politically. in China, an industry would gain good development when he obtains better supports from the government. but now the government still have a lot of space to improve.
Secondly, education system would be optimized according to the new demand, we are now developing people with professional skill, with rich knowledge, or with high academic ranks, but now we do not have Nobel Price holders from mainland China. To have creative talents we must have creative education.
Lastly, Enterprises, companies and single personals would change our values of pursuing commercial interests, start to think what differently we could make and what better we could make, in this way, we could change our way of working and life, and in this direction, we could start or be willing to think and make something really new.
To sum-up my ideas, we would gain the supports from government, change the education system, and act at once for each company and personal, we change then we could create.

by Sam WANG (WANG DUQING)
2013GA

Jiehui Diao

Back to top Go down

Post by lucyzheng Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:40 pm

Woo, such a hot discussion! Thanks for Wu wei taking lead and my peers sharing your great ideas. As I also don't have too much time on exchanging ideas on the blog, while I hope to have more interaction on the class. I'd like to share some of my personal thoughts on this topic.

I like Wu wei's way of thinking. We don't need to have one brand new industry starts from ground talking about creativity. Every industry has the opportunity to be a creativity industry in China. If we split down of a business operation, what are key attributes of running business?

1. Positioning
Have you find your right customers?  New oriental group, an domestic English training company, successfully listed IPO in US. This is such a China style company which you can hardly find similar type of business in other country. If you really understand your customers, find their needs, you are on the way of success.

2. Business model
Many people say Chinese companies are following western business model. I don’t think it’s a bad thing. We can easily find Ruoling.com copy of Linkedin, Kaixin.com copy of Facebook, or even those APP copy of calling taxi service which you can find a mature business in Singapore, etc. The key is, are you quick enough to response, be the first one to act and take the leading way as always? Can you do some changes to better fits China customers’ needs instead of simply copy? Wechat is a good example to beat Sina. Blog although you may feel some applications look so familiar for you. It’s a big integration for small existed applications, but it succeed.

3. Marketing & Sales
When you talk about new product launch, what channels will you use? Seminar, TV ads…. Xiaomi mobile phone, from product development stage, insists to use unique online promotion strategy with hungry sales and corporation with telecom groups, it reaches great sales volume and big success. So except those traditional marketing and sale channels, where else or approach we can utilize to reach our targeted customer? This is something we can use creativity to really make a difference.

There are still many attributes I can name…

In sum, creativity may help contribute to many industry’s continuous growth if we really have ‘THINK OF THE BOX” mindset.  Of course,  some critical factors we should pay attention as well. For example,
Talents. We need people who are willing to try failure and take risks, moreover, we need an open environment to encourage such trying. Sometimes a totally new industry maybe comes from a crazy idea. This partly attributes to China’s education system.
External environment. There are still many financial transactions are restricted in China due to government policy. To some extend, we can’t develop quick enough compared to mature market.

Welcome any comments.

Lucy Zheng
2013GA
lucyzheng
lucyzheng

Back to top Go down

Post by Sa Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:49 pm

Spent a long time to finish all replies. It's very interesting to see so many brain storming happening here. Actually, the opinions listed here may reflect most people's feelings and thoughts in China. Yes, China might be facing so many issues, but we should still be optimistic to China's future, especially to its economic development.

I like Vera's creative suggestion, must China have creativity? If not, what else can we have? As most of us may know, Vietnam and Bangladesh have replaced China to become the cheapest manpower country in the world, which means China is not the most manufacture output anymore. And with the long time of RMB's up valuation, the drops of foreign trade and local purchasing power are quite obviously. If things continue this way, how can China attract more foreign capital to develop economy? Real estate? won't be a permanent solution. In a word, China must try to be Creative.

Some colleague think Chinese over chases on money because they lack of sense of security. If government provide an open environment where can let public notice that creativity can earn money, or might earn as much as other's whole life savings. I think, even without teacher's tutorial, everyone would love to be a man with creative thinking. Of course, the first barrier is the environment.

Secondly, most people say Chinese like to copy. I say, if so, why not to setup somewhere like silicon valley where can cultivate more creative person like Steven Jobs and where large capital can be invested in. Actually, a large amount of capital from China can hardly find some where that is sustainable to invest in other than real estate. But just like I said previously, real estate is not a long term choice. To accumulate China's economic development, creative industry is a must.

All above is just personal opinions, welcome to discuss, criticize or comment.

Everyone, Good Night~

Sa 2013968548

Sa

Back to top Go down

Post by Yvonne Biyun Yang Thu Sep 05, 2013 4:30 am

Good morning, everybody! Here we are at the "creative" course forum. Let us be more creative here ~ sunny

Looking forward to the performance, dang dang dang~~

Yvonne Biyun Yang

Back to top Go down

Post by Qingshan Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:13 am

Creativity needs an open environment so that both big companies and small businesses can generate new products or ideas together. Currently in China we have many limitations from local law and policy. For example we have problem to access overseas websites because of the firewall, the biggest search engine Google always stops working when we're looking for some information. People can't get information from websites in other countries smoothly, which directly impacts the efficiency of creativity.

And we have many topics talking about new technologies, there’re example of iPhone and discussion of industries. But I'd like to see progress in culture related industries in China, such as movie, music, entrainments, etc. Every year we imported movies, TV episodes, popular music, etc from US, Korea, Japan and other countries, but we can hardly produce high quality products and export. As we discussed because of the education system failed to encourage young people to have their own mind which is important to innovation. We should provide more options for young people when they choose career and accept their choice instead of the only way to college.

China has the largest population in the world and every year millions of young people graduate from college, but only very few of them start their own business. Most people choose jobs with good pay because they have to make a living first, especially when the real estate is so expensive. So the first challenge to them is living, the government should provide facilitate to encourage creativity.

Zhao, Qing Shan 2013960297

Qingshan

Back to top Go down

Post by Karen Han2013960144 Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:40 am

What's the core element for creativity and innovation? It's people, it's talents. Where our talents come from?
Our china's education.
So in my opinion, For long term,education will be the most important thing for our country's future. As we all know that our education system is not as good as some western countries.There has a long way for us to reform our education system. Beside education method, content and talent selection method problem in our education system, we still have resource allocation issue in our education system.As we all know, the resource is limited for china, it is easier for some cities' students to enter into a good university than others.This unfaire selection system also block some talents to have good education.
For short term, we can create a creative economical environment for all kinds of industies.Our govenment can use some policies to lead and encourage enterprise and individuals to chase for innovation.

Karen Han2013960144

Back to top Go down

First Point of Discussion  - Page 2 Empty Education – but not for those working in creative industry

Post by Vera Zhu Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:59 am

The Education or could rather be called the “change of mind” should not happen for those working or related with creative industry only. We need to transmit the infrastructure to provide surroundings for creative to grow. The recognition and respect to creative industry could be very important nutrient.

Once everyone is willing to pay more money for the original design instead of the cheaper copy, creative industries will thrive definitely.

2013968847 Vera Zhu

Vera Zhu

Back to top Go down

Post by 2013960417_Leo Li Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:25 am

GA is more active than GB..I've learned a lot from the replies here...Great discussion!

2 comments here...
1. About the topic, how to understand the expression of creative industries, I'd like to interpret it as "how to make industries to be more creative" rather than "industries of creativity". In fact globally all the players in all the industries need to be creative if they want to win the competition.
2. I agree that the citizens in a developing country like China are majorly pursuing safety. But I dare not 100% agree that the people under this situation is lack of the passion or not need to embrace creation spirit. Very simple instance if you want to be outstanding of your performance in your organization, you need to creatively think about how to do your job differently. Even when a young man chase a girl, he also need to be creative to think out some tricks to make the girl be touched...Even a little bit more complicated, a local small company is really able to make money by being a copycat at the right beginning, but sooner or later these players will be eliminated via brutal competition if they don't change their strategy. There are lot of examples in many industries already.

My point is, to be creative is a behavior or even a habit, no related to your living condition.

Cynthialjz wrote:It is quite interesting reading everybody's idea.

I would like to say, I partly agree with Vara Zhu. She said, 'In a developing world like China, majority of us are concerning to live a better life and we are not feeling secure for the social benefit.' remind me of the Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs. Then we can discuss the topic according to.
Nowadays in China, the safety needs and social needs are still our main problem. Being creative, especially the creative industry, belongs to one's growth needs (self-actualization). People can hardly satisfy their higher needs while lower one is still unsatisfied.

Besides, I do not think our education system KILLS our creativty talent. But it indeed should pay more attention to developping creative thinking.

GA Lin Jinzhe 2013968562
2013960417_Leo Li
2013960417_Leo Li

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Chen Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:19 am

Due to unbalanced industry structure and downhill export oriented economy, transition of China existing industry is a must. If the transition can lead to new business feature and commerically profit, it is a success creativity industry in my point of view.

Regarding the barriers, I fully agree with provious posted ideas, education, investment environment, and legislation of propriate are all key issues we should settle in long term. Besides those, nonfeasance and corruption of local government is also one of barriers in process. Central government has actually released many supporting policies to encourage adjustment of industry structure such as service industry. But deloyment from local government is lack of efficiency and transparency. To clear this barrier may need longer time, and will rely on education to build democracy and legal concept in masses.

Sean Chen(Chen Xingye) 2013968457

Sean Chen

Back to top Go down

Post by 2013GA WU WEI Thu Sep 05, 2013 7:48 am

Sean Chen wrote:Due to unbalanced industry structure and downhill export oriented economy, transition of China existing industry is a must. If the transition can lead to new business feature and commerically profit, it is a success creativity industry in my point of view.

Regarding the barriers, I fully agree with provious posted ideas, education, investment environment, and legislation of propriate are all key issues we should settle in long term. Besides those, nonfeasance and corruption of local government is also one of barriers in process. Central government has actually released many supporting policies to encourage adjustment of industry structure such as service industry. But deloyment from local government is lack of efficiency and transparency. To clear this barrier may need longer time, and will rely on education to build democracy and legal concept in masses.

Sean Chen(Chen Xingye) 2013968457
Sean, be carful, politics is quite sensitive in China...Laughing Laughing 

2013GA WU WEI

Back to top Go down

First Point of Discussion  - Page 2 Empty Really?

Post by Xiuqiang ZHANG Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:26 am

So exciting topic with many typical comments, listed viewpoint might be mentioned so many times when I read the posts, but I have some different ideas about the barriers of creativity:
1 Culture, history, and the educational system restrict the creativity?
For the Chinese culture and history, it’s not impartial for depreciating or flattering. We must have a clear picture, try our best to dig the creativity power in the culture and history.
To some extent, our education system has its own fault due to some historical reason, but it’s a system process for creativity education, not only in the school, we have only learned the method, what we need to do is the application in practice when we leave the school.
What kind of Chinese talents is famous in the word?  the answer is engineer!  More and more global company would like to build R&D department in China because of booming Chinese talents.
2 “Copy” result in the loss of creativity?
Japan was once in a same severe situation and met the big challenges from western developed countries in 1960s. They choose the road of “copy” based on their own reality and step into the bright creativity road in the end. Currently for china, there are more and more foreign companies with their excellent and creative products and services coming into China, which is a great challenge for our creative industries’ better development in the future. Many of the foreign companies have established their strong brands which is deep in the hearts of many customers. So there are lots of efforts we should take when we want to found our own brands of creative industries get more recognition from more customers and thus strive for more markets in the front of competition of foreign companies, which we, of course, call a challenge. So we should give much more patience for our national industry, and I believe they will find their unique creative road.
3 Profit oriented short-termism kill the creativity?
If I was a head of new company, the most important issue is to survive, Profit oriented doesn’t mean the loss of creativity, in contrast, they can find the creative method to reduce cost and improve the product efficiency. When small companies get big and strong enough, they have to continue to dig the creativity under the pressure of marketing environment due to the same reason, survive!
So what’s the big barrier in my opinion?
Give more growing space for small creative new company
Improve intellectual patent protection police
Lack of creative management talents

Expect to discuss with everybody about above-mentioned ideas face to face.

by Johnny ZHANG (ZHANG Xiuqiang)
2013GA  2013968809

Xiuqiang ZHANG

Back to top Go down

Post by anne_songwei Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:41 am

I’d like to discuss this topic from two angles of internal cause and external cause:

Internal cause: People
Barrier: People are the most important factor of creativity, and uncreative people are the biggest barrier to develop creative industries.
Challenges:
1. Education system: As many classmates have discussed before, the education system in China doesn’t encourage creative thinking. We were taught available knowledge, instead of the way to think. How to transform exam-oriented education to quality education is imperative.
2. Values: In present China, the best indicators of success are big houses, top-of-the-range cars, luxuries and other material wealth. We seldom define a person successful because he/she is creative, and we seldom praise a kid because of creativity either. It will be a huge progress if we are proud of our creativities instead of property one day.
3. Dream: At present, most young people are busy in working to buying a bigger apartment or a better car. I really don’t know how many young people have the dream to change the world. Can Steve Jobs found a so successful Apple if he thinks about housing loan every day? You know the answer.

External cause: Government
Barrier:Chinese government doesn’t have wholesome polices/laws to encourage/protect creative industries.
Challenges:
1. Fairness: I mean that the government should be fair between state own enterprise and other kinds of enterprise. An open market will provide a benign competition environment, and more companies will try to find their own way to make profit instead of trying to find loopholes, accelerating creative industries further. We really have a long way to go here.
2. Law: I totally agree with the viewpoint that a wholesome law to protect patent is necessary to promote creativity industries. What’s more, execution is as important as the law itself. Since China is a big country and has the largest population in the world, execution is really an enormous challenge for the government.
3. Incentive System: It’s really easy to understand. The government may reward the innovative company with cash or tax cuts. However, how to define the creativity company correctly and how to make sure the award is delivered to the right target instead of corrupt officials’ pockets will be another challenge.

In spite of all these challenges, we are doing better. We have a glorious history, and together we will achieve that again.

That’s it. Thank you.

Betogether. Bebetter.

GA Song Wei 2013968639

anne_songwei

Back to top Go down

Post by Dr. Ali Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:01 am

No offense.

On the one hand, GB is more inclusive than GA. Students like you always come here to gain fantastic ideas.
On the other hand, perhaps GB is too busy to post theory like an armchair strategist.

Don't be restricted to 'Class'. That's also a kind of creativity.

2013960417_Leo Li wrote:GA is more active than GB..I've learned a lot from the replies here...Great discussion!

2 comments here...
1. About the topic, how to understand the expression of creative industries, I'd like to interpret it as "how to make industries to be more creative" rather than "industries of creativity". In fact globally all the players in all the industries need to be creative if  they want to win the competition.
2. I agree that the citizens in a developing country like China are majorly pursuing safety. But I dare not 100% agree that the people under this situation is lack of the passion or not need to embrace creation spirit. Very simple instance if you want to be outstanding of your performance in your organization, you need to creatively think about how to do your job differently. Even when a young man chase a girl, he also need to be creative to think out some tricks to make the girl be touched...Even a little bit more complicated, a local small company is really able to make money by being a copycat at the right beginning, but sooner or later these players will be eliminated via brutal competition if they don't change their strategy. There are lot of examples in many industries already.

My point is, to be creative is a behavior or even a habit, no related to your living condition.

Cynthialjz wrote:It is quite interesting reading everybody's idea.

I would like to say, I partly agree with Vara Zhu. She said, 'In a developing world like China, majority of us are concerning to live a better life and we are not feeling secure for the social benefit.' remind me of the Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs. Then we can discuss the topic according to.
Nowadays in China, the safety needs and social needs are still our main problem. Being creative, especially the creative industry, belongs to one's growth needs (self-actualization). People can hardly satisfy their higher needs while lower one is still unsatisfied.

Besides, I do not think our education system KILLS our creativty talent. But it indeed should pay more attention to developping creative thinking.

GA Lin Jinzhe 2013968562
Dr. Ali
Dr. Ali

Back to top Go down

Post by lucyzheng Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:40 am

[quote="Dr. Ali"]No offense.

On the one hand, GB is more inclusive than GA. Students like you always come here to gain fantastic ideas.
On the other hand, perhaps GB is too busy to post theory like an armchair strategist.

Don't be restricted to 'Class'. That's also a kind of creativity.

Can't agree more:) Ali, your photo is very cute~
lucyzheng
lucyzheng

Back to top Go down

Post by lucyzheng Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:06 am

Following Dr. Ali's question, how to let China be more creative in current status?

Simply throw some personal views.

From country perspective,

1. Play a more active role involving international affairs.
2. Open policy to welcome more talents and type of business, eg. Trial of free trade zones.
From company perspective,
1. Talent development: encourge internal transfer or buying talents from different industries, which may burst to more creative ideas and even transform an industry model.
2. Benchmark: My company Ford is reserved in some way of culture.Many systems are soley developed in its global oraganiztion in Ford's way rather than benchmarking most leading approach in the world. Making changes means consuming time, energy, traning resources, smart failure, etc. But more recently we see a combination of technology with Autos. SYNC, a technology we customers can use mobile to control and master your car is such a cool thing.

From personal persctive,
I look forward more discussion and knowledge exchange on and off class.

LUCY ZHENG
2013GA
lucyzheng
lucyzheng

Back to top Go down

Post by lucyzheng Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:16 am

one thing to add, know some mechanism or process of change management, may help us to think differently. Define, dignoze, design and deliver..
lucyzheng
lucyzheng

Back to top Go down

Post by 2013960417_Leo Li Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:19 am

From company perspective,maybe more important thing is about the culture and the management style. Create a learning organization with inclusiveness and effective communication culture is the most critical element to win the competition in the 21st century, which can drive everybody within the organization to work creatively and enjoy the process. I'll try to write a summery from a single company perspective later when I'm free...

Cheers~

lucyzheng wrote:Following Dr. Ali's question, how to let China be more creative in current status?

Simply throw some personal views.

From country perspective,

1. Play a more active role involving international affairs.
2. Open policy to welcome more talents and type of business, eg. Trial of free trade zones.
From company perspective,
1. Talent development: encourge internal transfer or buying talents from different industries, which may burst to more creative ideas and even transform an industry model.
2. Benchmark: My company Ford is reserved in some way of culture.Many systems are soley developed in its global oraganiztion in Ford's way rather than benchmarking most leading approach in the world. Making changes means consuming time, energy, traning resources, smart failure, etc. But more recently we see a combination of technology with Autos. SYNC, a technology we customers can use mobile to control and master your car is such a cool thing.

From personal persctive,
I look forward more discussion and knowledge exchange on and off class.

LUCY ZHENG
2013GA
2013960417_Leo Li
2013960417_Leo Li

Back to top Go down

Post by 2013960417_Leo Li Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:20 am

Totally agree this point, ding~

lucyzheng wrote:one thing to add, know some mechanism or process of change management, may help us to think differently. Define, dignoze, design and deliver..
2013960417_Leo Li
2013960417_Leo Li

Back to top Go down

Post by Ryan_Du Thu Sep 05, 2013 10:36 am

China is a huge market. It is easy to make money by copycat, people do not have to be creative. The majority of people will lost the motivation for innovation.  In the contrast, when we look at our neighbour Japan, small market where the competition is fierce,the company must be creative, or they will be phase out.

By GA Du Zeng Ya 2013968483.

Ryan_Du

Back to top Go down

Post by Celia MEI Thu Sep 05, 2013 11:45 am

I think about a Chinese proverb "impasse is followed by change". The innovation is about time on the market.

When the market is quickly developping and there is still a huge gap between westen business model or technical, the first action is to chase the trends. When market becomes competitive and mature, the situation will force people or company to find a new way or try in new field.

The culture impact, history problem, government policy could be the factors of barriers, but the innovation is never leaded or created by these reasons. The innovation usually happens when we look at the actual market and try to complete or even create the needs of customers.

2013 GA MEI QI 2013968586
Miaomiao

Last edited by Celia MEI on Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total

Celia MEI

Back to top Go down

Post by XIN TAI Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:00 pm

I think the barrier between financial industry and creative industries is a big challenge for the creative industries enterprises to survive and prosper.  

Comparing to traditional industries, creative industries including advertising, art, fashion, R&D, video games, performing art … are hard to get investment. Both banks and VCs are very prudent of investing the new developed culture creative enterprises, for the reason that most creative industry enterprises are small or middle size enterprises with limited tangible assets. The creative industries mainly take intellectual investment, and its assets are intangible, like copyright, intellectual property right and etc.

Facing to this challenge one possibility for creative industries enterprises is to seek the support of related departments of the state. In Shanghai, technology companies can apply for the certification of high and new tech enterprise. With this certification, the enterprise can get Science and Technology Commission’s guarantee to get loan from the banks and or increase the loan limit. But more important thing I think is that the creative industries enterprises need to develop effective profit model and channel for products of creative industries, mostly culture products. SNDA free internet game is a very successful case.

TAI XIN

XIN TAI

Back to top Go down

Post by Celia MEI Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:19 pm

The idea inspires me a lot.  So the barrier may not be the environment, but be the model we create. If there is an internal engine of effective profit model, no reason to have barrier again.

Thanks for sharing~

XIN TAI wrote:I think the barrier between financial industry and creative industries is a big challenge for the creative industries enterprises to survive and prosper.  

Comparing to traditional industries, creative industries including advertising, art, fashion, R&D, video games, performing art … are hard to get investment. Both banks and VCs are very prudent of investing the new developed culture creative enterprises, for the reason that most creative industry enterprises are small or middle size enterprises with limited tangible assets. The creative industries mainly take intellectual investment, and its assets are intangible, like copyright, intellectual property right and etc.

Facing to this challenge one possibility for creative industries enterprises is to seek the support of related departments of the state. In Shanghai, technology companies can apply for the certification of high and new tech enterprise. With this certification, the enterprise can get Science and Technology Commission’s guarantee to get loan from the banks and or increase the loan limit. But more important thing I think is that the creative industries enterprises need to develop effective profit model and channel for products of creative industries, mostly culture products. SNDA free internet game is a very successful case.

TAI XIN

Celia MEI

Back to top Go down

Post by colourfulcloud Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:11 pm

The first come up to my mind is people's mindset .people haven't realized the importance of creative thinking and the great financial profit that creative industry can bring. China still relies heavily on manufacturering industry with mass production of products with similar features, and OEM accounts for a lot percentage in the industry. These enterprisers tend to be producers only, rather than being an inventor. Nowadays, 3D printing has already been a hot topic almost all over the world, but still some traditional manufacturers cannot accept it, and don't take it as a revolutionary invention; instead , they would rather use the traditional machines.

Another barrier is the lack of creative ability and some companies' habits of copying and mimicking In China,we can hardly have companies like Apple, or Google, and there is hardly any epoch-making product like IPhone or IPad. Xiaomi phone might possibly be the iphone in China, but still most manufacturers tend to imitate these hits, rather than investing on R&D to create a brand new product or function.

A problem has to be raises is education. In China, since kindergarten to university, students have long received cramming method of teaching, and have been taught to recite textbooks and standard answers, without learning how to have their own original thinking and express own ideas. Thus, we are lack of creative talents to join in and make contributions to the creative industry.

Shirley Xuan
Student ID: 2013968720

colourfulcloud

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next